Wednesday, September 11, 2013

No thread. No sewing machine.

It doesn't happen very often, but every once in a long while I create something that involves no sewing whatsoever. (it's hard to believe, I know) 
And if there's no sewing, there's a really good chance there's painting. I >heart< painting.

When I paint, I really, really love taking something ugly and making it cool. Like this classic 1960's dresser that I picked up on craigslist for $35. 
6 feet long, 9 drawers. Big cheer for storage space!
I can't even count the ways I love craigslist. 
There are just too many.

 I told you it was ugly.

I spent more on paint & supplies than the dresser itself. 
(Krylon ivory spray paint, in case you were wondering. I love spray paint only a little less than craigslist.)
But, total cost for this beauty was under $100!


 And I avoid taping off as often as possible. 
I make no excuses for cutting corners when there are three little people running around.


After a week long occupation of my husband's garage...
I present our new dresser in the master bedroom!!!


Recap.
Let's give it up for spray paint.

 
Confession Time. It was supposed to be for my kids, but once it was done I couldn't let it go,
And it works so well with our stuff!


The view when I'm lounging on the bed...
oh wait, I don't ever lounge on the bed.


And, original hardware! What's not to love??


I keep a few of my favorite things on top. They make me happy every day just to see them.
Little doggie ring dish from Anthropologie. (my only Anthro purchase ever, in fact)
A hand-me-down doily that one of my grandmas gave me.
Real, grown-up perfume.


And a couple of my favorite vintage books...of which I can never have enough.


The big thought for this Wednesday morning is go get yourself something really, really ugly on craigslist and paint it up!


Pin It

1 comment:

I love hearing from you!

More Handmade Goodness

Related Posts with Thumbnails