Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Munchies to Maracas

With little hands and mouths needing lots of snacks around here, I often have empty snack containers making their way into our recycling bin. And I often think that I should give them a second life. Well, I figured out a new life for at least one: Gerber Puffs (of course, all relevant copyright, trademark, etc. applies and I claim no ownership or affiliation with them...whew, that was a mouthful).

They come in a great shape for little hands to grip and make some pretty fun sounds when they get all shook up. Even better, this project requires almost no precision and only a container, fabric (nothing special), scissors, and a hot glue gun.

First I stripped off the label and loaded it up with dried pasta (rice, beans, coins, buttons, almost anything would work). Then I ran a bead of hot glue around the inside rim of the lid and sealed up the container.

Then I folded the top and bottom of the fabric to about the right height for the container.

Next, I ran glue along the top and bottom edges, also securing one vertical, folded edge.

And, to wrap it up, I rolled it around the container and glued the opposite vertical, folded edge to secure.

And, there you have it! A quick, easy, fun noise maker for your little noise maker!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

More Handmade Goodness

Related Posts with Thumbnails