Monday, March 23, 2009

Give me an A!

Many of my little projects are gifts. And, since we know a lot of growing families, many of those gifts are baby gifts. This is one of those.

This time, I tried out a monogram on a baby blanket (first time doing a monogram). Double-sided minky (white dot on one side, pale blue stars on the other), the letter affixed with satin stitch, and contrast stitching on the border. I should have used my new walking foot to avoid that puckering around the border of the letter, but everything is trial and error around here.


This sweet little blanket was also my first use of the new labels I had made. And, I must say, I'm really pleased with them. If you sew and have wanted personalized labels, these are a great deal from a really sweet mama on Etsy. I got 80 personalized labels (with a ton of design choices) on 2 uncut sheets for only $16. Her etsy shop Mommy Made It is here and I highly recommend her.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

More Handmade Goodness

Related Posts with Thumbnails