Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Project: Homemade Laundry Detergent

My sweet husband is the research buff in the house (recall the large amounts of blind faith mentioned in the last post?) and my little laundry detergent experiment gave him a new project. I thought the fruits of his labors might be helpful to others wanting to make detergent.

Here are the highlights:

1. Oxi-Clean is similar to Washing Soda, but it's a diluted version of it. So, for maximum bang for your buck, the real Arm & Hammer Washing Soda is the way to go.

2. Ace Hardware has Washing Soda on their website. You can order it and have it shipped to a store near you for no shipping cost. It arrives, you pay the price + tax and don't hassle with a massive search.

As soon as ours comes in and my current batch of detergent runs out, I'll be making a suped-up Washing Soda batch and will report back.

That's it for today. No cute pictures - sorry about that. But hopefully it inspires you to make a mess in your kitchen, too. :) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

More Handmade Goodness

Related Posts with Thumbnails