Sunday, May 9, 2010

A little something for the moms

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms reading!  
No one does your job like you do. 
You are invaluable to your kids; don't ever forget it.


My husband and I are blessed to each have both of our grandmas still with us. So our boys have four great grandmas, which is just amazing to me. Add both of our awesome moms into the mix and we have six very important ladies to think about on Mother's Day.

This year, the boys helped me make tote bags for all the moms in our family. I'm not sure I would have put in the time on this except a girlfriend hosted a "handprint painting" playdate this week which meant the mess was at her house and I was able to crank out 6 bags in record time. Each bag got a handprint from each of the boys. Then I used a fabric pen to write a little love message on each bag. 
Simple and cute. My kind of craft.

I love handprints and footprints so this was a fun project for me. 
And, strangely enough, my boys have always liked doing them so we all won.

Even better than just having so many great women in the family...they're all in Southern California within driving distance and we'll see most of them this weekend!
Tied up and ready to give...


Happy Mother's Day Mama Tine, Mama Diane, 
Grandma Edie, Grandma Phyllis, Grandma Virginia, & G.G.!
Whew!
Pin It

1 comment:

I love hearing from you!

More Handmade Goodness

Related Posts with Thumbnails