Friday, September 20, 2013

Handmade Gifts for the wine lovers on your list

Handmade Christmas Gifts continued...

I know, I know, it's SEPTEMBER. 
I get it. 
But it takes a long time to make all our Christmas gifts and I have to start a few months in advance otherwise it's just too overwhelming. 
And why make thoughtful gifts for our loved ones and not enjoy the process?

I made these gifts last year for the wine lovers on our gift list and they were both big hits.

{Oh, and if you plan to do this, enlist all the wine drinkers you know to save their corks for you! 
My sister's mother-in-law sent me a whole box last year which made these really easy!}

First up is a wine cork ornament. 
I initially thought this might be a little hokey but it's actually really pretty hanging on the tree.


I used the tutorial here and it came together super easily!

The other wine cork gift I made was a large monogram of wine corks stuck on a wooden letter.
I really love all the red wine corks mixed in with the white.
And if you didn't guess, our friends' last name starts with a C...


I had better luck finding the wooden letters online than in craft stores. Etsy has some good options and they're very reasonable for the size.
I tried to turn the winery names to the outer edge of the letter.


I used the tutorial here and it was great.
The only change I would recommend is using super glue instead of a glue gun, because the corks may pop off over time with the hot glue.


One more Christmas gift idea for your ever-growing list! 
Good luck!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. gifts are the beauty of a relationship and give strength to it and bring people close to each other.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

More Handmade Goodness

Related Posts with Thumbnails