Wednesday, January 28, 2009

sweet little shopping bag














I love this little bag I just made based on this tutorial (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177482.0). The pattern is based on a plastic grocery bag. I think it's so great when something functional and "boring" can be used to create a unique, beautiful, handmade item. Even though I love sewing, there's a lot that I don't know.
The bag is far from perfect but I thoroughly enjoyed making it and learned a couple things: how to do a french seam and how to make a clean curve from the inside out by snipping the seam allowance.

Tomorrow it goes in the mail to my sister because she is the first person I know who used a cloth shopping bag for all her purchases. She's so green-chic, and has been since before it was the cool thing to do. Love you Sis!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

More Handmade Goodness

Related Posts with Thumbnails