Friday, February 6, 2009

i heart brownies

I have a fabulous group of girlfriends (so grateful for them), and we get together monthly for a Girls' Night (wine, games, chatting, no kids, no guys). Last night, I hosted a Valentine's get together at my house and just had to do something crafty. My low-budget, quick, mommy-doable idea was a batch of heart-shaped brownies. I'm not the first person to have this idea but I was thrilled with how they came out.

I made up a brownie mix and sprinkled V-Day theme sprinkles on top before baking them (made from scratch is such a great idea...but I don't know any real-life mommies who can perform a miracle like that). I baked them in a 9x13 to make sure they were on the thinner side so my cookie cutters could actually cut through them. Then I used 2 different size heart cutters to stamp the brownies in the pan. I did have to carefully go around them with a plastic knife after using the cutters to make sure they were cut all the way through. After very carefully removing them from the pan, I arranged them in a sweet heart-shaped dish (a little redundant, but you can get away with it for Valentine's).

They were a big hit - but, what roomful of girls doesn't like brownies? I even saved the pieces left in the pan to make ice cream sundaes for hubby and me one night after little sleepy heads are in bed...mmm already looking forward to those. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

More Handmade Goodness

Related Posts with Thumbnails