Friday, April 24, 2009

How to impress dinner guests

I know I'm generally very sewing-centric, but this is actually about cooking. Tonight I tried a new little trick for dressing up dinner and just had to share. Super quick and easy with a very impressive result.

Instead of using plain marinara, I added heavy whipping cream to make it a creamy marinara sauce...so yummy. I read about it on a couple recipe sites way back when but was in too much or a hurry to get the details tonight. So I poured a jar of Newman's Own marinara in a saucepan and added about 1/4 of a small carton of heavy whipping cream (whatever amount seemed to create the right color in my mind - highly technical process). Stirred it together and let it bubble away very slowly while the water boiled for the ravioli. This is really rich but is a perfect match for the right dishes. Tonight, we had it on portobello mushroom ravioli (don't get too excited - they were frozen store brand...a mommy can only accomplish so much handmade in one day).

Just a little tip to send you off into the weekend. Go convince someone you slaved away on dinner for hours, and impress the heck out of your friends. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

More Handmade Goodness

Related Posts with Thumbnails