Friday, May 22, 2009

If you love something, set if free...

I have been working on a wrap top from the Chic & Simple book for a couple weeks now (a ridiculous amount of time in my 2-kid-dominated-world).

I have been defeated by the top.

It was pretty clear from the start that it would be ill-fitting, but I felt invested in it after all the time I had already put in. So, I kept at it, making numerous alterations to the pattern and the finished product. Adding extra fabric to the bodice, hemming the bottom to a different length and angle, adjusting the sleeves, etc. etc.

As it is now, I could finally be on to something, but have decided to cut it loose. I've included a picture just to show you how it stands, pins and all. If it were uglier in the picture, I'd post to CraftFail, but no one can appreciate how bad this is until they see it on me. And, I am not about to post a picture of me in it.

Oh, and to make up for my loss (my grief coping mechanism, if you will), today I made the following: a skirt, a cloth lunch bag as a gift for a friend, appliqued 2 little sunhats, and finished the dress for my friend's 3 year-old. All during nap times. What is wrong with me?

p.s.: The dress form is not adjusted to my size (or even symmetrically, if you really look at it), but I would love to look like that...

p.p.s.: the more I look at it in the picture, I am reminded of nurse scrubs. Honestly, what was I thinking? Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

More Handmade Goodness

Related Posts with Thumbnails