Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sweet As Pie

Our friend's absolutely precious daughter just turned two and, of course, I made her some little birthday gifts.

I've had this Alexander Henry cherries fabric forever and never found just the right project for it...until now. It started out as just a crayon roll based on this tutorial (slightly different dimensions to accommodate the chunky crayons, and oilcloth for the inside). But that paired with a coloring book didn't seem like quite enough.


So, I whipped up a dress to go with it using Heather Ross' Weekend Sewing pattern. So adorable. Oh, if I ever have a girl, the poor thing will have more homemade clothes than she knows what to do with...

a close up for the smocking and ties
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

More Handmade Goodness

Related Posts with Thumbnails