Friday, December 18, 2009

Wool Sweater into Ruffly Scarf


I just finished one of my last Christmas gifts! The list is dwindling fast! For this scarf I used a black 100% wool men's sweater that I bought at the thrift store and felted (washed and dried). In all honesty, I think it would have been even better not felted but the deed was done so this is what I had to work with.

It was a men's large which gave me a lot to work with. I cut off the sleeve and cut 6" strips from them. Then I cut off the bottom 6" of the sweater. I took my four 6" lengths and joined them together in one lone piece. Then I ruffled the edges with a zigzag stitch and gathered it down the center with a straight stitch. I'm really happy that it's girly and will actually be very warm for the Northwest winter it's being shipped off to.

Hope you're enjoying the season amidst all the stress. Even if it takes an extra glass of wine like it does in my house. :) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

More Handmade Goodness

Related Posts with Thumbnails