Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Wonder of This Place

My husband is on the left with our 3 1/2 year old on his shoulders &
I'm on the right with the baby on my hip.
Love the long shadows of dusk...

My husband's birthday wish list was short and to the point: a family camping trip. Easy enough. So we packed up the kids in Daddy's off-road pick-up and headed out to the California desert for a 2 day/1 night camping trip (break 'em in slowly when they're little). In fact, this was, officially, our first Family Camping Trip. My husband grew up camping in the desert and introduced it to me when we started dating about 10 years ago. While I will always (and unabashedly) choose a king size bed and whirlpool tub over a tent, I really do enjoy being outdoors, especially since having kids.

I have lived here in Southern California almost my entire life and sometimes take it for granted. But this weekend was a good reminder of how amazing this state really is. So many different climates packed into short driving distances and such great opportunities for frolicking outdoors. Here are a couple pictures from the trip because they just make me happy.

We've had a lot of rain this year (by Southern California standards)
and the desert was covered with wildflowers

My baby (who's almost 2 and hardly a baby anymore) showing me the moon...
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Oh my - the shadow photo is breathtaking! So glad y'all had a fun trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet, glad you had a great trip. I was just thinking my 20 month old isn't really a baby anymore, scary.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

More Handmade Goodness

Related Posts with Thumbnails