Friday, September 17, 2010

shrinky dinks!

If you need a fun gift topper or stocking stuffer, this has got to go on your list...and if you have any jewelry skills, I imagine you could crank out a whole bunch.


Yesterday, we had some friends over (both the little variety and Mommy variety) for a crafty play date and we had a blast. My friend Galit (yes, the Galit who makes beautiful jewelry, like these and these) came over with her beads and wire and myriad of tools, and we made some adorable keychains!


Kids' handprints are cute no matter what. But they are infinitely cuter when they're shrunk down.
We traced our kids' handprints onto shrinky dink material and Galit worked her magic.
Quick and cute - my kind of project.


Happy Friday!
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. The skrinky dink idea is so fantastic! Can one find the material at your standard big box craft store?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You can buy the supplies at the craft store. It's a box kit in the kids craft area that comes with several sheets of the plastic and colored pencils to draw on it. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I loved shrinky dinks as a kid! I can't wait for my daughter just to be a little bit older before I break out this craft idea! Thanks for sharing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!! There are so many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!

    There is an award for you at my blog...

    http://thepaisleycupcake.blogspot.com/2010/10/versatile-blogger-award.html

    AmberLou

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

More Handmade Goodness

Related Posts with Thumbnails