Friday, July 2, 2010

Flat Ruby

 
What could be hiding in that bag with the "Ruby" label?


Why, it's Flat Ruby! 
A fabric "paper" doll made using this tutorial from Moda Bake Shop (super fun project to make!).


She is ready for anything. 
A fun day at the park.


Lunch with the girls.


Even church on Sunday.


Who doesn't love a girl who can accessorize?

And she even has great hair.
Is it wrong to envy a fabric creation, I wonder?


Now we'll just hope that sweet Birthday Girl Ruby falls in love with Flat Ruby when she shows up at their house to move in with all her stuff.


I completely fell in love with her. 
The boys tried her out and I asked if they wanted boy dolls with manly outfits (really really hoping they did so I could make more). My oldest looked a little bewildered and said, "No, Mommy. Dolls are for girls." I asked him again and talked it up a little. He just stared at me for a second like I was speaking Greek and turned down the offer a second time.

But we had a good time on the machine. See you around, Ruby.

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. So cute. What a fun Christmas idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is adorable!! I can't wait to make one for my niece!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is that? MAybe the boys will like them if you make a cool looking boy doll? Complete with boy accessories...balls, fishing poles, a dog? R got a magnetic dress up doll set similar to what you made. I've had a little fun with that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been dying to make these! Thanks for reminding me that it isn't as hard as it looks. Right!? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh! those are so fun looking Kari! My girls would love them I'm sure. you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Yet another thing I want to make for Miss Anna. So many projects... so little time. You are so inspiring, Kari!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love love her...makes the want for a girl even stronger

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love it!! So cute...my boys might like the boy dolls. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

More Handmade Goodness

Related Posts with Thumbnails