Monday, May 7, 2012

Lego Party!

My son's Lego birthday party this weekend was a huge success...for everyone except the birthday boy. 
Sadly, he was in a funk that day and felt icky so I brought him home and the party kept going without us.
No reason to torture the kid on his big day, no matter how much effort we put in.

The cake and cupcakes...


I built silverware holders with the kids' Legos (got the idea here).
If you do a Lego party, I recommend Wal Mart for party supplies. 
They had a whole bunch of paper goods and plasticware in classic red, blue, yellow & green for super cheap.
I got the treat bags and tablecloths there, too. 
Easy Peasy, as my 4 year old loves to say.

 

Lego brick candy in blue bags so each little guest had a little something to take home.
You can really build with it and it's yummy, too!
(hint: you can buy it on Amazon)


My kids love face painting so we did Lego bricks for all the kids in any color they wanted.
(I think this guest might have enjoyed one of the blue cupcakes...what do you think?)

 
The lego brick pinata!
(which I'll post about later this week - now here)



It was a perfect day at the park and we were surrounded by family and friends. 
And even though my little man was under the weather, I did get lots and lots of snuggles (the only good thing about sick kids, in my opinion). 
Really, a good day overall.
Happy, Happy Birthday our (not so) little one!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. What a fun party! The details you included are so thoughtful. I love the lego made dinner ware holders.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!

More Handmade Goodness

Related Posts with Thumbnails